Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to normal life in Doha


Normal life has resumed. Baby Harris number 2 is growing, the sun is still shining and its nice to be home to new friends, swimming pools, days at the beach and everyday Qatari life. When we returned to Doha Andi had 3 days off work for Eid (equivalent of a bank holiday) and we spent 3 very lazy days swimming, eating nice food and playing. Emily adjusted to being home really well and was very pleased to be back with her daddy. She is now is a big girl's bed and bar a few nights of tiny feet pitter pattering into our room all has gone well. Since we've been back our friend Will has visited for the week, we've been to the beach as often as the heat allows. Emily has been swimming most days and she has started back at nursery. She wasn't at all sure about being left at nursery to begin with and it took some adjusting (too much fun with mummy over the summer!). It's Emily's birthday on Saturday and I keep telling her that Birthday's mean balloons, presents and cake - she is getting very excited. We're going to go to the beach before the weather gets too hot and then take her out for a nice lunch. I can't believe my little girl is 2! 

It's tiring in all this heat! Two peas in a pod

This potty training is great - I get 5 minutes of peace with a good book

I'm excited about going to the beach but I think mummy's hat looks silly

Back to building sandcastles with daddy

I think I'm ready for swimming - bucket check, watering can check, noodle check, ball check. 

Slides and swings - yay its like being back in England

I've discovered that building towers is great fun!

Drowning in fun at the soft play

Lunch with a view at the museum

Getting higher with my towers - I needed help from daddy with this one

Getting bigger and better.......

I made cakes with mummy and they were yummy!

Must be the weekend - swimming with daddy

If I help mummy in the supermarket I get chocolate - great!

Chocolate makes a mess! I think I'll save this for later

No comments:

Post a Comment