Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer in Doha

It's now hot....it was 47 yesterday and my friend said the temperature in her car read 50 degrees. Its actually surprisingly bearable. Having said that, unless your going out in the car and moving from the house to the mall you can't really be outside comfortably between 8-4. We're still finding enough to occupy ourselves though. Emily is still enjoying swimming which we do at 8.30am before it gets too hot and she whizzes round the pool on her noodle now without needing to be constantly held. She's quite a little dolphin. She continues to bring us no end of joy seeing the new things she does everyday- just the little things like learning to jump, putting on shoes and saying mummy. We've discovered she really likes painting and is actually rather good at it - I think I have a mini Picasso.

I haven't written on the blog for a while (I'm not entirely sure anyone reads it anyway..?) for various reasons including the fact that Emily has decided that anytime between 4.00am and 5.00am is acceptable to wake up in the morning meaning that when she sleeps at lunchtime so do I! Both Emily and I have also been ill with some nasty bug and were incapacitated for about a week. There has also been quite a sad period in Doha following a terrible fire at the local mall opposite our house and normal life went on hold for a while. 13 children all of around Emily's age died at the nursery in the mall following an electrical fire. Although Doha is a city its a small community and everyone was really effected. Two poor families each lost 3 siblings (one a set of triplets). Life can be so cruel.

We've finally found and bought a new car a little silver 4 wheel drive - a ford escape. I really wanted a hummer (well petrol is cheap out here) but Andi put his foot down. Nothing else really exciting to report - not long till we're back in the UK now. I hope the local fish and chip shops are prepared for my arrival....I never thought I'd say this either but I really miss Tesco and can't wait to go! I'm slightly dreading the flight - 7.00am - 1pm in a confined space with Emily - she'll be ruling the plane by the time we land I've no doubt. Sorry to say this as well but I'm hoping for rain over the summer - I miss the rain.

Anyone who does read the blog - do email us all your news. x


Chocolate and heat = disaster

Collecting water from the sea with daddy

Move over Picasso

Enjoying colouring at Ray's Reef

Playing at Ray's Reef (indoor soft play area)

Princess Emily 

Very pleased with my tower

Peepo!


No comments:

Post a Comment