Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blending in (and soft play!)

I'm trying hard to fit in with the locals and not to appear like some silly western tourist but something always lets me down! Today it was my petrol cap! Andi offered to fill up the car last night and I thought no I need to do these things myself so this morning Emily and I trundled off to the petrol station confidence high about tackling another new thing. You don't get out of your car here the attendant fills you up and the petrol station this morning was full of locals heading out to work - how embarrassing then that I held everyone up whilst I tried to figure out how to open the petrol cap! Silly small hidden button! Oh well - moving onto more interesting things.....the shopping centres here all have soft play areas for children and over the last few days Emily has experienced 'Ray's Reef' - an underwater themed play area and 'Fun City' - great fun had by all and photos below. I have met a few other mums to chat to at these play areas and even swapped numbers with someone today - progress!!! Andi is getting on well at work and seems to be enjoying the job and says his colleagues are a nice group of people. Tomorrow we're heading to watch the Golf Open which is being held in Qatar and we're going with someone from Andi's work and his wife. Andi's a bit worried about Emily's ability to observe course etiquette! 

Making tea for mummy
My and my wendy house
Beep Beep

So many balls!
Its the start of the weekend - daddy ordered a fruit cocktail in the souk - he didn't get a look in!

No comments:

Post a Comment